In this completely updated new edition, the best-selling author of 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions and 101 Smart Questions to Ask on Your Interview takes you step-by-step through the hiring process. Whether you’re replacing an employee who’s leaving or creating a new position in your organization, Ron Fry shows you how to write a concise and accurate job description, identify key competencies, and how to translate them into a realistic set of search criteria.
Ask the Right Questions, Hire the Best People also shows you:
- How to attract the best applicants.
- What to look for when you’re screening resumes, in your office or online.
- What questions you should ask in the interview...and when to ask them.
- How to listen more effectively to what the applicant is really telling you.
- How to probe for information the applicant doesn’t want to reveal.
- What questions the law permits and forbids.
Whether you’re an interviewing novice or a seasoned pro, you’ll find all the answers you need in Ask the Right Questions, Hire the Best People!
Ron Fry has written more than 40 books, including the best-selling 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions and 101 Smart Questions to Ask on Your Interview. He is a frequent speaker and seminar leader on a variety of job-search and hiring topics and the founder and president of Career Press. He lives in New Jersey with his family.